+ Primary Athletic Trainer: The Windy City ThunderBolts professional baseball team of the Frontier League is seeking one athletic trainer to be the primary point of contact to facilitate athletic medical services, sports medicine and other sports related healthcare needs during the 2024 season. This position has both seasonal and year round opportunities. The Athletic Trainer assists in the overall operation and coordination of athletic training services and provides daily clinical supervision of the athletes in their respective partnerships. This position will have the full support of the organization's medical team including our team physicians, physical therapists, imaging staff and more. The Windy City ThunderBolts are a professional baseball club participating in the Frontier League, an official partner league of Major League Baseball. The athletic trainer will assist will processing team workmen's compensation claims, medical forms and notes serving as a liaison for the team to our full medical team.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Current BOC certification and State of Illinois licensure or eligible to obtain
- Individual must have effective communication skills and the ability to positively interact with professional athletes, coaches, staff, physicians, and the medical community.
- CPR/AED certified
About our Baseball Season
- Season runs mid-April and through mid-September
- Hours vary. Spring training, beginning April 29th, features mostly day work leading into our season opener May 9th
- 96 game regular season from May 9th to August 31st with postseason games if qualified
- Games are primarily Tuesday through Sunday at night, except for select weekday games and Sunday's
- Half of the games are on the road and travel via bus. Hotel and per diem is provided on the road.
- Working in professional baseball is never boring and wishes to have a very unique experience
We are looking to complete this search by the end of February. Please contact General Manager Mike VerSchave at [email protected] to inquire about our Athletic Trainer position. Those interested will be contacted for a preliminary call prior to a formal interview. Contact Mike if you have any interest!
At this time we do not have any full-time positions open.
2024 PART-TIME/SEASONAL GAME DAY POSITIONS
+ Food & Beverage / Fan Services / Cleaning: The Windy City ThunderBolts are looking for qualified individuals to work on a seasonal basis for the 2024 season. The ThunderBolts 2024 season runs from May to September.
These game day jobs include positions in cleaning, concessions and fan services.
What you need to know when you are filling out an application for game day positions...
- Applicants must be 16 years of age at the time of employment.
- Positions vary in pay. Most start at minimum wage, but others, including cleaning, open at a higher wage.
- There are 48 games including 9 weekday day games where hours would start about 8 am.
PLEASE FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW TO APPLY FOR A 2024 GAME DAY POSITION
We will contact you via email between February and April about possible interviews and positions.
If you have any questions about these positions please email Karen Engel at [email protected]
No phone calls please.